Cayla LOVES birthdays! (who doesn’t?) Since Christmas she’s been invited to at least 8 parties (sometimes multiple parties in one weekend) I think we've made it to all but two. Our car rides to school in the morning usually consist of talk about who’s party is coming up, and what kind of fun party they are having. Is it ice skating (that’s her least favorite because she’s not good at it), the inflatable fun zone, Mr. Gatti’s, Chuck E. Cheese, or pony rides (her favorite)? She loves all of it. This weekend she’s not invited to a party and when she asked who’s birthday is next I told her mine was. She then began to stress because she had not gotten me a gift. She wanted me to take her to the store and I told it was dad’s job to take her since it was my birthday. She then said, “Aw man, but dad doesn’t buy presents”. Good point, I guess she’s finally figured things out. She used to think that dad did EVERYTHING! I woke up early to go get her red roses (her favorite flower) before her dance recital, and just because dad was the one to happened to get them out of the car she bragged about how her dad got her flowers. Since I’m the one who takes all of the family’s pictures, she thinks that dad alone has taken her to the beach, to the circus, and to the zoo too. She’ll ask what I was doing when they were on these fun outings and Chris tells her “she was probably out at the bar”.
She’s now come up with 4 possible gifts that she wants to give me.

Yes, they are all from infomercials, and she's ready to just call "the guy" and tell him that she wants one. The other day she went to get my purse and proceeded to dig around it it and then dump out the contents just to show me how I need a Buxton Bag. There are pockets for everything and I'd never have to dig for my keys or sunglasses again. There is even a special pocket just for phones.
Next she thinks I need a Craft-Lite Cutter. She tells me how I'll never have problems cutting straight again and because it has a cute little light that shows you where to cut. I know I had real issues cutting in preschool, but somewhere in there I caught on and I can't even imagine what I'd use this for.
Hercules Hooks - She thinks they are so cool and she could borrow them to hang her dry erase board. They're so easy to use she could do it herself.
I haven't a clue what we'd do with Mighty Putty but she thinks we need some. She told me I could "use it to fix a broken cup or if water starts leaking". It's strong enough to pull a truck and she thinks that's fantasic!
To sum things up she's a real sucker and she's fascinated by everything. It's really sweet of her to want to get me a present, but if Chris seeks out her help in birthday shopping I'm in trouble!
4 comments:
At least she's trying! It's so adorable. Is Chris going to get you something, for real? Haha! At last someone else will finally be my age. YAY!
That is so cute; she really wants to get you a gift. And she sure does like those infomercials. Let me know how tomorrow goes. Maybe you'll get all four worthwhile presents. *Bons
I love that she loves infomercials and I agree with her that cutter thing rocks! But I apparently never mastered that cutting straight thing! Happy early birthday!
Happy Birthday! I hear the Hercules Hooks are great. She's gonna laugh at that when she's older. My dad and I would watch infomercials every weekend when I was little. He's a sucker for them and I am too. He would let me call to place the order and I'd always talk him into getting the 2 for $19.95 deal. Needless to say, the stuff always ended up in the garage sale.
Post a Comment