Monday, February 25, 2008

TEETH

Our lives seem to revolve around teeth these days. Tate had a rough weekend with his teeth. They are popping through left and right. He’s gone from having 2 teeth to 7 in about a week and a half’s time, and I can tell the poor little guy is hurting. This has led to grumpier days and sleepless nights (for both of us), so the we’re all feeling the pain of teething. :(
Cayla on the other hand lost her first tooth this weekend. We’re now wiggling the one next to it, and she thinks it will be ready to come out in 3 days. I think it will take a little longer than that because it’s just a little loose, but who knows. She’s too scared to wiggle it herself, but she lets me wiggle it once a day. I’m the assigned wiggler and dad’s the puller. What a system! She got two dollars for her last tooth and so she believes she will be able to buy two things. She SAYS she’s going to buy Barbie Mariposa and some teddy bear stuffing system. (All with 2 dollars) The teddy bear stuffer sounds like junk to me, and like the hair paint she won’t get that. It sounds like a mess, it probably wouldn’t work very well, and she’d always want to play it and I’d never want to get it out. I’d rather just take her to Build A Bear in the mall for an afternoon, so maybe we’ll do that sometime soon. She very possibly will get the movie, and I think Chris has agreed to split the cost with her. She’ll have to use some of the money out of her piggy bank and he’ll pay the other half. He thinks it will help her learn the concept of money. I doubt it, but I think it’s a good idea. He wanted her to start a savings account with her money, but she doesn’t “get it”, so she thought the idea of giving her money to someone at the bank sounded awful.

Now more on teeth:
So, obviously the "ins and outs" of teeth consumed our weekend. Saturday night I had a dream that one of my front teeth was loose. I dreamed I wiggled it to see if it was really loose and it fell out. I went to the dentist and get it checked out and he told me I had a 3rd set of teeth and all of my teeth were fixing to fall out. In my dream I was fixing to get married and I was devastated that I was going to look like a snaggle-toothed first grader on my wedding day. I wanted to get fake teeth to wear, but my miser husband-to-be thought it was a waste of money. It was all very stressful!

2 comments:

Abby said...

We have the teddy bear stuffing thing. I can tell you I thought it was going to be terrible too and tried to figure out how we could take it back (it was a birthday gift!) But it actually was not messy and was easy to do and once you stuff the bears they are done and you can't do them again (or so I told Emery). I still would pick Build a Bear but it was a far better gift than the make your own lip gloss disaster...that one was terrible never let it enter your house!

Poor Tate! I think getting teeth sounds terrible and I feel so bad for him. Poor little guy!

Jenny Popp said...

I'm dying here...very funny dream! I always have dreams that my teeth fall out. I need to look up what that means. I'm sure I'll be dreaming about it now that it's in my head.