Friday, February 8, 2008

The quirk that almost gave my child frostbite

I've been married to him for almost 6 years, you think I would know his quirks like the back of my hand. I know of them, but I can't ever seem to remember them when I need to. He likes things straight, he hates when I hang dry cleaning in my closet with the plastic still on, he wants my shoes perpendicular to the wall and in pairs at all times (his are), he ABSOLUTELY hates how I throw half clean/half dirty clothes on the shelf of my closet (like a pair of jeans that can easily be worn again but aren't really clean enough to be put back in the drawer), basically he hates my entire closet. He used to stress about pens on the bar not laying parallel to the wall and his clothes not being in a specific order of his closet. Since having kids he's realized that as long as the pen's not being used to write on the wall and if the clothes even make to the closet, we're doing good. He also likes the bedroom door always shut (it keeps our room cooler since we're upstairs and he actually taped a note on the door to remind me). He always adjusts the central air and heat before he leaves the house - to him this is like locking the door or something, it just comes naturally. He's reminded me to adjust the temperature too, but like I said before I rarely remember.

Tate's finally started to sleep all night in his bed downstairs. We're two for two with sleeping through the night since he moved down. Early, early this morning I woke up cold (it was in the 30's outside), and I realized that I'd never fixed the heat the night before. (no doubt Chris turned it way down when he left for work) I went and turned it up. When my alarm went off it was still cold in the house, sure enough the heat had been off, so me turning it up did no good. Chris got home from work and turned the heat on. We woke Tate up and even though he'd slept all night his feet were the coldest that I'd ever felt - absolutely freezing, and Cayla too was cacooned in her bed. So, I would say that Tate now sleeps through the night but its possible that he was just frozen solid and couldn't have cried out if he wanted to. In the picture he's happily playing with his feet... I think he's just happy to not have lost them in the freeze.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, Chris and Brian would live in perfect harmoney together in the same house!(I'm thinking of cleaning the closet as a valentine's day gift.) It is amazing to me how similar they are! Maybe it should be amazing to me how similar we are. I'm glad Tate didn't lose any toes! We can't wait to see you all!

Jenny Popp said...

Isn't that called OCD? ;) I've NEVER heard of having pens lined up perpendicular to the wall...that's funny! I love reading your blog, it always cracks me up!

DenKag said...

Poor baby!!! He's such a cutie. Yeah, I agree with "our wedding plans"...sounds a little anal to me! But, I guess we all are to some degree...