Saturday, February 2, 2008

This Kid Will Eat Anything...


We knew before he was born that he would be an eater. We could see him chowing down on amniotic fluid and chewing on his hands in many of our ultrasounds. Then he was born and immediately took 4 times more formula in a feeding than Cayla did at his age. His 4 oz. bottles could only be used as "snacks" by the time he was a month old. He now consistantly drinks two full cans of powdered formula a week (in addition to baby food). That could explain why he's such a big kid -- 85th percentile in weight and 99th in height. He weighs now at 6 mos what Cayla weighed at 1 year. He's our eater! This doesn't bother me, because these are things he's supposed to eat. It's the inedibles that he manages to consume that concern me a little more.
Back when I took down the Christmas decorations he managed to scoot over to his diaper bag and pull out an formula coupon that a friend of mine had given me. This was no small flimsy coupon. It was the size of a check blank and thick paper (almost cardstock). My the time I noticed what he was doing over half of the coupon was gone and it wasn't shredded on the floor or on his clothes. He'd definitely eaten it.
Then last weekend Cayla had her friend Piper over to spend the night. Piper noticed Tate's nose running so she so sweetly handed him a kleenex. Had it not been for the very small bit of slobbered kleenex stuck to his chin, I would have never known he had one. He'd eaten the entire thing.
Yesterday he must have eaten a very small piece of pom pom string. I didn't catch him eating this either, but the evidence was in his diaper a few minutes ago.
I better get going. Tate's sitting right next to me, but I'm sure he's looking around the computer table for his next meal. Cayla has made a game out of throwing her house shoes at me. She gets a point when she hits me in the head and she loses a point when one lands in the trash can. The things she comes up with...

2 comments:

Abby said...

You are doing so good blogging! Brian and I just love your blog name!!

Jenny Popp said...

Cracked up about the pom pom string! Love the name as well...very clever!