Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines Day - its really just like any other day of the year. The only difference is that I left Chris a card on the bar, and maybe he'll leave me one that I'll get when I get home. Cayla's getting one item off of her list (the Hannah Montana movie) and Tate's getting a back pack. What in the world does a 7 month old need a backpack for might you ask? His clothes. I've taken him to the babysitter's in his pajama's every day this week, and I've had to take his clothes in a grocery sack because he doesn't have any small bags. Cayla is a real bag lady. She has tons of them and they are all up in her closet. If you try to get one down, 12 others will come tumbling toward you and hit you in the head. Of course none of them are the least bit uni-sex so Tate needs his own bag. The mornings are pretty hectic at our house, and there is little room for deviation from the schedule. If Cayla wakes up grumpy or takes too long brushing her teeth, Tate doesn't get to wear real clothes. Poor guy! Cayla used to go to the babysitter's fully dressed with shoes on and a bow in her hair. I started taking Tate without shoes a few weeks ago and now we're down to the pajamas. There are officially no other corners I can cut with him now.
We have no real plans this evening. I asked Suzanne to be our Valentine's Date, but she's busy studying so we're probably going with Cayla's suggestion. She wants grilled cheese from Sonic.

When I got back from lunch today there was a package waiting for me. I guess I got secretly excited thinking that Chris was surprising me with a Valentine's Day gift. No such luck. It was mistakenly delivered to me and belonged to my co-worker across the hall. Bummer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sonic sounds like a good idea and since Cayla didn't give up Cherry Coke I guess she can have one. Today might be a little rough with all the candy. I'm not sure if all the parents got the memo that she wanted toys instead.

We may be dining at Sonic tonight as well. Michael doesn't believe in making a reservation or waiting for longer than 10 minutes for a table. That does leave us many options :(

Jenny Popp said...

I know that secret excited feeling...I get it everytime I see a bouquet of flowers coming towards me, but somehow they always walk right by me!