Wednesday, February 13, 2008

It was almost damaged goods...

Chris’ 1 week old truck was hit yesterday. (after he spent a hundred bucks at Wal-Mart buying car care supplies and spent 3 hours washing and waxing it) Of course initially he was mad, but upon inspection of the damage he realized there was none! So since then he’s been very boastful because he now thinks he drives an indestructible big rig or something. The other lady’s side mirror was lying in the roadway, but she hit his tail-light and there was only a small mark on it that was easily removed with a little spit.
I wasn’t surprised that the light fared so well. The dealership uses the head and tail lights in selling the truck. When we were shopping for it they punched and hit the lights as hard as they could just to prove to us that they were durable. I guess they were right.

This somewhat brings back a memory of when I drove the Corsica. That car wasn’t so durable and had a dent on every corner – almost had the consistency of tin foil. (one dent I remember was my fault and the others I can blame on my mom or my friends) One time a high school guy hit my back bumper in the church parking lot. He was really nervous, but I told him it wasn’t a big deal. Then my dad talked to his parents and he too said not to worry about it. It just matched the dent on the other corner. That car was definitely not indestructible, and had I ever punched those tail-lights they would have shattered into 60 trillion pieces and I would have had to retrieve my mangled arm from my trunk.

2 comments:

Jenny Popp said...

LOL LOL on the mangled arm comment!

DenKag said...

I miss the Corsica... Good times, good times.