Monday, February 4, 2008

Did he really need a HEMI?

Okay anyone who knows Chris well, knows his weakness... NEW CARS! After being "clean" for almost 3 years, today he "relapsed" and bought a new truck. Yes its pretty, and yes I'm thrilled to not have to drive the Neon anymore, but DID HE REALLY NEED A HEMI ENGINE? In his defense the rebates on the HEMI's were excellent so it probably would have been stupid to not buy one, but I've never seen him haul or pull anything. (he says that he does stuff like that, but I have yet to witness any of it) So, did he really need it?

For years Chris bought new trucks often (probably every year), but that came to an abrupt halt when we got married and had kids. (he blames it more on me than the kids of course) Apparently I've sucked every penny out of him and he was force to bury his "hobby" and practically drive a tricycle to work. Since Tate was born driving the Neon has become harder and harder for me and there is a true art to getting his carseat to even snap in because its too big for the space. He would complain because he didn't like driving the Durango and I cursed the Neon almost daily because it was way too small and powerless for my liking. Well, today he got a "man truck" again and I got my Durango back. We both "won" with this purchase, but he's now headed to rehab because if he picks up this addiction again he'll need that Hemi to pull the trailer house that we'll be forced to live in.








5 comments:

Abby said...

I think it's a very pretty truck (sorry Chris, for the pretty comment!). I'm so excited for you that you got your Durango back and we will all have to have a moment of silence for the neon.

Anonymous said...

The truck is really pretty...or is it manly. Either way I really like it. I like the new pics...even cousin Scout made the page :)

Too bad for the neon...I'm sure you are missing it terribly. I think the moment of silence it up.

Bons :)

Jenny Popp said...

Don't be hatin' on the house on wheels! LOL! Congrats on the new truck and you getting the Durango back.

Anonymous said...

well i live in the same town as you and still did not know about this new truck investment.. im glad you got the ango back though... did you just park the neon somewhere and leave it again? haha

Tracy said...

No, I didn't just park it and leave it this time. Since I saw I could get rid of it I went ahead and took the trade in money they gave me. (and they gave me way too much in my opinion) HA! Maybe they thought the crumbs between the seats were really valuable. :)