Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Valentine’s Day List

I never remember making a Valentine’s Day list, but Cayla surely has one. Every time she finds something that she cannot live without I like to tell her to ask for it for Christmas or her birthday (and that used to work), but ever since the stores put out Valentines Day goodies she’s been working on her Valentine’s Day list. The list started with one Hannah Montana movie and its now grown to 3 movies (the HM movie, Barbie Mariposa, and the Santa Clause 3), a Hannah Montana blanket and duffle bag, a Barbie with hair paint (and it comes w/ hair paint for you too) – little does she know that she will NEVER get this item, and a swimming pool. With two days until Valentines Day I foresee at least one more item being added to the list. I have a feeling she’ll be disappointed come Valentine’s Day when there is not a living room full of presents for her. However if any of you readers are into buying Valentines Day presents, you now have her list.
Last night we put together Valentines goodie bags for her classmates. She was saddened that we weren’t putting toys in the bags, just treats. She said that since she gave up candy for Lent she’s going to tell her friends to give her toys instead. We’ll see how that goes. Again I’m sure she’ll be disappointed.

She’s agreed to make Tate a Valentines Day list too. So far it contains diapers, a new blanket (so she can official steal his Red and Black Astro’s blanket that she uses to play Little Red Riding Hood) and a chew toy. Yes, she called it a chew toy – I guess her brother is like the puppy that we won’t let her have.

2 More Days until Valentines and then she has over a month to compile her Easter list - that ought to be a doozie!

3 comments:

Abby said...

Love it! I love the chew toy part as well!

DenKag said...

I don't think I ever made a Valentine's list either, but it's so tempting to send her that Barbie with hair paint... Somehow I think you'd hate me if I did it, though. :) I'd hold out for the Easter Bunny if I were her - I usually got at least SOMETHING in my Easter basket.

Jenny Popp said...

Oh man, I'm making my list for Nick as we speak...great idea by Cayla! My blog for today was going to be how he messed up so terribly last year.