Monday, March 31, 2008

The Wedding

The wedding was very nice. Cayla did a good job, even though she felt a little queasy. I think it could have been her nerves, or it could just be yet another one of her random spells of nausea. She's our pukey child. (man, a kid after my own heart) She randomly vomits and then feels better. She had one of these spells during the wedding while she was standing up front. She mouthed to me that she didn't feel well and about that time I saw her gag. I quickly swept her from the wedding party and to the bathroom. She coughed and gagged a bit more, and never threw up. I was really just thrilled that she didn't vomit on Jenny's wedding dress. She sat with me for the rest of the ceremony and then processed out with the group. Even though she didn't feel totally up to par, she loved being a flower girl and I think she did a great job.

4 comments:

Abby said...

You did any excellent job with the vomit sweep. I never would have ever made it up there in time!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she is SO your kid! You used to throw up almost every time you came over...just once, and then you were fine! :) I always used to worry that you'd have to go home. --K

Anonymous said...

She may have looked like Chris when she was a baby, but she is definitely YOUR kid. Vomit spells and all. *Bons

Jenny Popp said...

I had no idea that she was sick during the ceremony. Poor thing!