Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A place like no other ---

Jenny was nice enough to suggest a place for us to stay in Shiner. It was a 4 bedroom rent house that included beer and liquor. Sounds great, right? It was – but it still caught me a little off guard. I’ve never seen anything like it. I don’t know what I expected, but this was truly a bar with bedrooms. It felt a little odd unloading a pack and play, bumbo seat, and diaper bag into this joint. We all had a great time, and the place was really cool, but I’d bet money that this house has never had a group like us stay. 6 adults, 3 little girls and 2 babies are probably not their usual clientele. As you can see in the picture, the bar held more toiletries and baby gear than drinks, but the guys tried hard to put a dent in the two kegs. We had a really good time and as instructed over the phone, we just left our payment on the bar when we left. I guess the honor system works well in Shiner.Nice socks Chris!

The "Living/Party Room"

Cayla and Emery after they got into the Ozarka cooler and wetted their hair.
More pictures from wedding day!
Pre-wedding - right after getting their hair done. Cayla's had already fallen straight. They tried to curl it twice more, but she still ended up with almost straight hair.
Flower girls and bridesmaids

The wedding party got to ride from the church on a hayride pulled by Nick's tractor. Cayla thought this was awesome!
I don't think they were playing ring around the rosy, but Cayla definitely fell down.
Cayla and Mimi - I can't take credit for snapping this one, but I think it is a good picture.
Believe it or not, Tate and I were on this trip too, but I don't have any pictures to prove it.

4 comments:

Abby said...

I love that picture of Chris. Poor Cayla had changed into her slippers in the falling down photo, thus her feet were "too slick!". It was one heck of a house!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the socks! Totally sweet. *Bons

Anonymous said...

Oh, and BTW, your mom looks really pretty in that picture. :) --K