Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm Back

My absence from blogging has been anything but a vacation. I have lots to write about some things very important, others just insignificant details. Like some of you have done I want to write something about grandpa, but I need a little more time to compile my thoughts. After hearing about his journal and how he wrote so precisely in it, it hardly seems right for me to quickly type something out on here. That is my work in progress, and I think I'll even type in out in MS WORD first so I can catch the typos with spellcheck. Grandpa probably didn't really need spellcheck, but I know I do.

Cayla and Tate are doing well. Tate's back to his cheery self, and we are very happy to have our sweet little boy back. He goes back to the Dr. today and I'm sure she will be very pleased with his progress.

I had my chance to redeem myself with Cayla and I blew it. Cayla had school pictures again on Monday. Had she been at school on Friday I would have known that only class pictures had been taken the week before and individuals were on the 28th. Since we were in EC/Nada on Friday I didn't get the memo and I sent her to school looking even worse than the Monday before. I don't know what it is with us and Monday's, but I've come to the conclusion that it is the worst day for any pictures. She wore a Hannah Montana shirt - it wouldn't have been SO BAD but she'd also slept in it so it was stretched out. She really wanted to wear it and I didn't really care to fight the battle. She wore jeans and last year's tennis shoes. If her feet show up in the picture I'll die. The shoes are awful, but she couldn't find her good ones. (I'm guessing they were packed in one of our suitcases from the weekend) I got an earful when I picked her up. She told me how everyone else in her class was wearing nice clothes, but I didn't give her any nice clothes. That then escalated to how everyone elses parents come join them for lunch and bring their kid a Happy Meal, but I never come join her for lunch. 1. I didn't know people came to eat lunch. 2. She doesn't even eat Happy Meals. I told her I'll come eat lunch with her at the end of the week. She told me that I can't eat (because other parents don't eat), I'm just supposed to bring her good food and then sit and watch all of the kids eat. That's what joining them for lunch means. I had no idea, but I guess I can do that. Anyway, we are okay, and I intend to pick up my blogging again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you write about Grandpa.

Poor Cayla in her Hannah Montana shirt....no nice clothes :( J/k, we all know that she has tons of clothes. Have a good time watching her eat lunch this week. What a drama queen :) *Bons

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're back! Missed reading your stories. I'm happy that everyone is back to normal, even though Cayla is mad... She'll get over it. Glad you all are doing well--K