Bungo the Beta has died. We buried/flushed him this morning, and Cayla said her farewells. Bungo was her old fish Dorothy's "brother". We found him at the pet store right after Dorothy died, and Cayla was thrilled that Dorothy's brother was still there and ready to be adopted. Why might one name their fish "Bungo"? Cayla named him after the father dog on 101 Dalmations, only his name is Pongo. For the longest time she always insisted that his name was Bungo. (she might still believe this) Hence we have (or I guess I should say "had") a fish named Bungo.
Bungo's now gone, she will miss him because he was so beautiful. She flushed him herself.
We might get a new beta fish at a later date, but for now we can pack up the tank and get it off of the counter.
Sorry there are no pictures to post for this. It probably wouldn't have been very appropriate to be snapping shots of her while she was grieving. Also, I had no time for them. I had to somwhat rush her through her service because I had beds to make and rooms to straighten before I could start my journey to drop off the kiddos at school/daycare and then get to work. I have my morning routine down to T, but like I've said before there is no room for deviation. Tate almost had to go to Margie's in his PJ's again. I quickly threw some clothes on him, but he didn't get to wear shoes or socks. :)
8 comments:
RIP Bungo! Poor Cayla, it was the only pet she could have and now the fish tank will be boxed. Maybe she needs a new pet once you sell your house and move.....*Bons
If by "new pet" you mean something other than a fish, I don't think so. Maybe she can another fish after the dust settles. In the mean time, I'm hoping she can just pretend to be her own pet fish in the bath tub. She has an excellent imagination.
Poor Bungo. That name makes me want to say bunghole. She should make that her next fish's name. Definitely. What about an iguana? :) --K
Do you really make your beds everyday? Wow!! I only make our beds if we are having an event! Again...wow!
No I generally don't make the beds every day, but since we're trying to sell the house I'm doing it. Maybe I'll make a habit of it and continue for the rest of my life. I doubt it, but I can think of worse habits and Chris would be absolutely thrilled and probably crown me wife of the year.
Last night Chris straightened up the garage and my job was to straighten the paint cans on the paint shelf. Yes, a whole shelf dedicated only to paint and I had to "straighten" it. I shuffled them around a little bit, but saw no real work to be done. I later saw him straightening it himself so he must not have been happy with my work.
It could be the perfectly lined up paint cans that sells the house. I wouldn't notice, but you know how men can be about their garages.
An iguana sounds like a great pet for Cayla!
Are you on a posting hiatus? I'm bored...no one's been posting! I'll be in Wharton this weekend if ya'll are up for a photo shoot.
Post a Comment