Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Here We Go!

We’re selling our house and buying a new one – and we already have the new one lined up. Quick, huh? I guess that seems to be our MO with things, but even if it’s happened quickly we’ve thought it through MANY times in this short time period. Actually we’ve been scoping out new homes for quite some time, but this weekend/yesterday we took the plunge. It’s about a mile from our current house, it’s just a little bigger, and we'll finally have a one story, an extra bedroom, TREES, and a floor plan that is completely functional. This 4th bedroom will probably be furnished with a fold-out sofa and lots of toys, but compared to the accommodations that our guests currently have to pick from (blow up mattress, couch, chair, or floor)that’s definitely a step up. Cayla is very excited and she actually loved touring homes in construction. She picked out “her room” in each one.

The house really isn't crooked - even when my camera is on "Easy Mode" it doesn't hold itself straight.

*Front and Living Room. We will only have one living room, but like I said before we were drawn to the functionality of this plan. We've never really used formal living area of our current house other than to let our guests sleep.
*Master bedroom and Sue and Cayla looking out what will be Cayla's window. Cayla's room will be able 2 feet longer and wider than her room now and Tate's will be about a foot longer and wider.
*Kitchen and Dining/Breakfast Area
*Master Closet - Chris will probably make me keep my closet cleaner since we'll be sharing one.
*Master Bath and Shower and backyard with trees! If you look closely you'll see Cayla standing it the dark shower. I just wanted to throw that in there so you wouldn't think it was haunted.
*Laundry Room with a table to fold clothes. You guys know how awful I am at folding clothes. Maybe the table will save me.
(or give me a place to put the baskets of clothes) ;)
Note: I tried to make the comment underneath each set of pictures, but they wouldn't work and it drove me crazy. I'm tired of messing with it so that's why they don't flow very well.

**************************************************************************
Last night she packed her stuff and she thinks she’s ready to go.










Her bag contains movies, Barbies, her ribbon from theEl Campo Fun Run, her ribbon from dance class, a plastic horse, and ear muffs. What the heck, ear muffs?


Now everyone pray that our house sells quickly. We can push the close date of the new house back as much as we need to, but we'd like to be in it by August so Cayla can start school at the different elementary school.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! You will be in your house even before us....now I'm jealous. I'm glad you pointed out that Cayla was in the shower because that looked a little creepy :)

Way to be true to Perkins form; I wish I could be that decisive!

Jenny Popp said...

I love it! Especially the living room and fireplace. Congratulations on the new pad!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! Congrats - I had no idea! It looks REALLY nice. --K

Abby said...

I love it! I am so excited for you all. Can't wait to see it in person! I love that Cayla wants to move her Run Wild ribbon!

You all make me want a new house. Brian probably wouldn't be excited about that!