Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Why I Don't Have Nice Things


This tends to be Chris’ favorite line for me. I’m clumsy, a little messy, sometimes forgetful, and I’m fully aware of all of these things. (in my defense though I'm also very BUSY) This week I had to bury my “less than 20 dollar pair of Target sunglasses”.
Chris likes “nice things”. Nice doesn’t have to mean expensive, but they usually go hand in hand. He buys nice sunglasses and he encourages me to as well. I buy cheap sunglasses. I buy a pair or two every year, knowing that they will be lost or broken come the next year. He can't believe someone would buy sunglasses so often. He thinks I would be better off buying a more quality pair like he does, and then I could wear them longer. I wouldn’t be opposed to this, but I know how I am and as soon as I lose or break the nice ones I’ll get to hear about “why I don’t have nice things”. The picture is of my sunglasses. Tate played with them on the way to Nick and Jenny’s wedding. He chewed, pulled, and twisted them in effort to maximize the fun. They kept him occupied when he was beyond sick of sitting in his car seat as our internet directions continually led us in the wrong directions. Still, they were just sunglasses and after awhile they became boring. He must have tossed them over his shoulder on to the floor. After that Cayla must have accidently stomped on them because they are definitely crooked and broken. Less than 20 dollars lost (yet I still think it was well spent), and I can easily replace them. I doubt even the quality glasses would have survived that abuse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tracy appears on the blog! Too bad it was for broken sunglasses :(
*Bons

Anonymous said...

I'm the same exact way... I splurge on some things, but not usually on stuff I KNOW will break or get lost! I'm with you--K

Tracy said...

Agreed. I have things in mind that can and cannot be cheap. Maybe that will be my next post.

Abby said...

Same thing for me. I only buy cheap sunglasses. I'm lucky if I don't lose or break mine in a matter of months!