I could say that it started on Thursday when Cayla was sent home from school with pink eye, but I guess if I say that I could go back to Tuesday when I spilled my coffee all over my desk, or last Saturday night when I was sick. I guess I’ll just stick to this Saturday. The day I wish I could have just slept through.
3:30 a.m. --Since I’m concentrating on Saturday I have to say that it started very early on Saturday. Chris worked a short night Friday (only until 1am) because he had to work the George Bush Library Easter Egg Hunt at 8am. I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and he wasn’t in bed. I went downstairs to find him thinking “did he forget that he has work in the morning?” He hadn’t forgotten, but he just couldn’t sleep. Having to try to sleep during the night is rough for him. His alarm was set for 6:45, so he then decided he would try to sleep for a couple hours. I went back to bed too because I was really tired. I laid there trying to go back to sleep, but he was talking to me. We talked about his day, and he talked about how he had to wake up shortly, and how he wanted to go to sleep but couldn’t, etc. I was still really tired. He tossed and turned trying to go to sleep and then asked me if I’d play with his hair. He says that makes him sleepy. (I don’t remember ever playing with his hair before, so who exactly does play with his hair?) I tried to do that, but he didn’t think I was being gentle enough. So he made fun of me, saying it felt like I was searching for lice. It’s now like 5 a.m. and I’m still sleepy. I fell back to sleep, and I don’t know if he did or not.
7:30 a.m. – We (Cayla, Tate, and I) get dressed for the Easter Egg hunt. I feel like I’m getting a bladder infection, and Tate has a pretty rough cough – so the day is going downhill already. Cayla is really excited about the hunt though so I knew we had to go. She wanted to wear this new dress she’d gotten during the week that has sparkles on it, with the matching sparkly flip flops (originally, before she got the sparkly dress, she wanted to wear her flower girl dress for Nick and Jenny’s wedding, but of course that was out) Unfortunately the sparkly dress is a little big, so we’ll have to exchange it. She was bummed, but we found another dress for her to wear and she still got to wear the flip flops. We had to leave early, because I’d left my camera at work and I wanted to take some pictures at the hunt. We drove to my office in Bryan, and got the camera, but bummer the battery was too low. Hence, that’s why I have no Easter Pictures with this post. We went to the library, played some games, got some goody bags, and then rushed over to the field for the hunt. This hunt is HUGE. There are THOUSANDS of people that come out for it and they have three fields for different age groups. They sound siren, and the kids rush out to the field – parents rush out too to keep up with their kid. I have Tate in the stroller and Cayla runs far into the pack. I lose her! The hunt is over in 60 seconds or so, and I think once the dust settles and each parent finds their kid I will see Cayla. Every parent and their child start to walk away from the field and I still don’t see Cayla. Chris calls then to see “how it’s going”, I told him “I lost Cayla!” He comes over to the field too. I keep thinking she has to be right here somewhere, but I don’t see her. I see one of the bike officers, and I tell him I lost her. He asks what she was wearing and he and his squad ride around looking for her. Thank God they found her quickly! After she realized she was lost she tried to go back to where we started the hunt, only she’d gotten turned around and she was on the wrong field. She was really scared and so was I. She said she cried a little bit, and I told her "that’s okay I did too". She was also disappointed because she only got 5 eggs all of which contained candy that she doesn’t even like enough to save for Easter. One year she didn’t get any eggs, so I tried to tell her 5 was fine. We listened to the door prizes, she didn’t win, then we left. She said she didn’t like this egg hunt so much and that she was having a bad day.
As we are leaving I can feel that what I thought was a bladder infection is definitely a bladder infection and I can hear that Tate’s cough is now accompanied by wheezing. We drive to the Urgent Care Center and the doctor sees both of us.
I got some medicine for my problem and Tate is now back to be nebulized. He hates it (much worse than he did when he had RSV), and he now knows how to pull it off of his face and throw it. If he doesn’t pull it off his head completely he pulls it far enough off his face for the elastic to pop him. Then he’s really ticked!
This was our Saturday. Awful, right? Luckily Sunday was better (except for the nebulizer part – he still really hates that). Cayla’s said that she doesn’t really want to go to that Easter Egg Hunt again, and I think I’m with her on that one.
4 comments:
Geez, I've already heard this story, but it sounds pretty terrible even the second time around.
Maybe you should skip the Easter egg hunt, or at least have someone else with you. That's too much stress.
Hope this week is better!*Bons
What a mess! I can't imagine how scary it must be to not be able to find your child. I'm so glad they found her quickly and she was okay! And poor Tate...I hope he feels better. How long does he have to be on that nebulizer? I'll say a prayer for you that everything/everyone gets better! --K
Sorry for the crummy weekend. It stressed me out reading about it.
I did laugh when Chris asked you to play with his hair. I can't see him asking that. Now every time I see him, I'm going to think about that!
That was probably the first and last time I will "play with his hair". If I'm going to take time out of the middle of my night to TRY to put him to sleep, he better not criticize me for it. Chris instead poked fun at my efforts, by pretending he was a monkey trying to pick lice off of me the fellow monkey. Not so cool. He's such a dork.
Post a Comment