Tonight we played Princess Memory. I'll admit that I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention because I had Tate in my lap, but it was a close game and she won. I think it was pretty fair, and maybe she really is a better memory player than me. She wanted to play again, and I agreed. The little rat, she totally set me up and she got all of the matches and I never got a turn. She tried to act like she was just SO GOOD and thought I would buy that she didn't cheat. Of course I called her on it and she said she just set the matches by each other. That's not cheating - cheating is when you look under a card when the other person goes to the bathroom. I had to break it to her that it really was cheating. I agreed to play a third game, but about that time Tate decided he was through sitting on my lap, and he wanted in on the game. He messed up the cards, and she stormed off to her room saying that today is the worst day of her life. If she's this dramatic at age five, I'm terrified to see what fifteen brings.

3 comments:
We played that same game today as well. Emery's secret trick is to flip the cards so that no one else can see them!!
I have to say I've never played that game...but yes, she is a drama queen!!! High school will definitely be fun. I hope you're ready to buy her a Land Rover or a Mercedes or something... My cousin Jennifer turned down a car because it wasn't an Explorer - she'd rather have ridden with her parents than drive something else! --K
I can't bare to look ahead to the day she drives. Chris is a new car magnet, so I definitely don't see her getting a "fixer upper". And Tate -- Geez, he'll probably get some monster truck. Chris will be driving a little Ford Ranger and I'll have to buy back the Neon, just so our kids can have their luxury rides. HA!
Post a Comment