Friday, March 7, 2008

Let it Snow!

We had about ten minutes of decent snow this morning. Big Flakes! Cayla thought it was awesome! It was preceded and followed by the nasty "wintery mix" (so the weather guy calls it), but I know we did get a little real snow. Of course the ground wasn't frozen so it only stuck to the roofs and cars, but she still thought it was neat to see. I would have loved to get pictures of it, but when we left the house this morning we only had the wintery mix. While we waited for her school to open the snow came down -of course at that point my camera was still at home. Now the wintery mix has turned to just cold rain. YUCK!
She was very happy to see that it can snow in College Station. She previously believed that it only snows in El Campo at Christmas. The only snow she'd ever seen was the remnants of EC's 2004 snow on Christmas. I still can't believe we missed that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting, snow almost makes it worth the cold. We just have the nasty wintery mix here. Bummer! Bons

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. T insists that, if it's going to be this cold, it HAS to snow. But, of course, it snowed about 2 days ago, so he's getting his fill. I'll take pics for Cayla this weekend and send her some! At least maybe she'll believe it snows somewhere other than EC!!! --K