Wednesday, March 26, 2008

T- Ball Report

Last night was the first T-Ball game. I think she did pretty well. Chris gets kind of frustrated watching her dance and skip around out there, but she did better than I expected so I was very happy. I jokingly told him I was going to ban him from the T-Ball games if he wasn’t more patient with her. Her attention span is kind of short when they are out in the field, and sometimes she’s not even looking at the batter. She had one ground ball hit to her and luckily she was paying attention, so she cleanly stopped it and threw it to first. They didn’t get the out, but the first baseman did catch it. Our team didn’t get anyone out, but we threw lots of balls to first. The other team threw our girls out quite a bit. They had a superstar first baseman that looked about 10 years old and could catch everything. You should see her swing the bat - GOSH! Cayla got to bat twice and she got on base once. She was very happy with that. Afterward we let her pick where to eat dinner, and she chose Chinese food. I think T-Ball season is off to a good start - batting and sitting in the dugout are her favorite positions.















*****************************************************************

Today is crazy hair day at school. (yesterday was silly sock day, and tomorrow is hilarious hat day) Here are some pictures from this morning. Cayla REALLY wanted Tate to have crazy hair too, because she doesn’t believe that this “holiday” is designed by her school. She thinks everyone in the world is celebrating it. She picked out a head band (that matched her rubber bands) for him, and she wanted him to wear it to Mrs. Margie’s. I took it off before we went to Margie’s, but I got a picture of it first. Poor boy. He's a really good sport though!







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last pic! I'm sure he'll love it one day too. Great to hear t-ball has been successful. She looks so tiny in the batter's box! *Bons

Anonymous said...

She looks so cute in her uniform! I'm so glad she's liking it. --K

Anonymous said...

I like the crazy hair pics too; she looks like she could be in a Dr. Seuss movie. *Bons

Abby said...

Is it really t-ball or do the parents pitch. I can only imagine how it will all go over at our house next year! I love the crazy hair pics, tate has very cute crazy hair!!

Tracy said...

It is TBall, but the coach pitches 3 balls first. If they don't hit any of those they get to hit off of the tee. She didn't hit any of the pitches, but a few kids did.

Jenny Popp said...

Tate's a mini-Cayla with no hair! I always liked sitting in the dugout too. I was a wonderful benchwarmer.