Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Batter Up!

Last night we had TBall opening ceremonies. I have to say Cayla is no TBall star, and most of the time it appears that hates it, but then I ask her what she thinks about TBall and she thinks “it’s fantastic”. Since she says it’s fun, we just go with it and we’ll cheer her on, even if she’s out in leftfield picking flowers. Some of it is probably her age (the other part is probably her extreme girly-ness)– she’s the youngest one on her team and she’s one of two kids who have never played before. All of the girls except for her and Megan are already in kindergarten. The two of them are definitely the smallest on the team.
*Here’s a picture of her and Megan

Sunday she had practice and again she seemed a bit “distracted”. She was playing with her hair, looking around, squatting on the ground, etc. Her base running was somewhere between a run, a hop, a walk, and a skip, with her head bobbling. When she’d round the base she’d run an extra 15 or so feet out of the way. At the end of practice they got their jerseys (she's #2) and she told me “mom, didn’t I do so great today?” So, I’m happy that she thinks she’s doing really well. Afterward the coach told me “don’t worry, my daughter was her age and size last year and she wasn’t very into it either, it will get better. I look at Cayla and I see Chelsea one year ago”. The coach’s daughter is really good this year, so I guess that gives me some hope, still from a parent’s stand point it’s never a good sign when the coach is trying to find a bright side for you. After practice I’d promised Cayla we could play on the play ground. She sprinted over there (doing a normal looking run), 100X faster than she’s ran any of the bases.







Opening Ceremonies were nice. The kids and their coaches made a lap around the field and everyone clapped and then the Aggie softball pitcher threw the first pitch. Afterward many of the girls were meeting and getting autographs from the Aggie Softball Team, but Cayla didn’t want to wait in line or fight the crowd (she didn't see why kids thought that was fun). She was much more interested in picking flowers.
Her first game is scheduled for tonight. They've only had 2 1/2 practices so this will be very interesting. It’s supposed to rain a lot today, but if doesn’t get cancelled I’ll post a report.















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that she actually picks the flowers in the field. I never played t-ball but I'm sure that's what I would have been doing as well. Cute pics. *Bons

Anonymous said...

Oh, I can't wait for the update. :) --K