Monday, August 24, 2009

Firsts

Today is Cayla's first day of first grade. Since she's going to a brand new school, she's also part of the first first grade class at Creek View Elementary. Here are some pictures from this morning. She carefully picked out a shirt that would match both her backpack and her new shoes. This shirt is her favorite piece of new school clothes. It has a cat with a rhinestone collar on it.

This morning she wanted to take pictures with every family memeber. We agreed.











Tate wasn't interesting in taking pictures, so we just snapped a quick one while he whined.




We went to Carson's classroom to wish him luck on his first day of Kindergarten - they already have plans to meet up at Kids Club.





Cayla's teacher Ms. Hundl. I think she's going to be great. She reminds me so much of her kindergarten teacher Ms. Rodriguez. We learned that Ms. Hundl and Ms. Rodgriguez are actually good friends and they say they have very similar teaching styles. I think this will be perfect.














This weekend Tate had his first Jello Pudding cup. I know it's not quite as significant as Cayla's first day of school, but he really loved it. When he could no longer get any out with his spoon he chased the last drops out with his tongue.








































































What a mess!!!

2 comments:

DenKag said...

She looks so cute! I hope she loves first grade. And Tate...he looks like he LOVED that pudding! :) I don't blame him...it is delicious...

Jenny Popp said...

I bet that's Mimi's favorite new shirt too!

Tate with the cowboy hat and pudding all over totally cracks me up!