He's no longer just thinking about it; he's come a long way since being tossed into big boy underwear. Monday was rough (at least 7 accidents), but we celebrated when he went just once. I was hoping for Tuesday to be better. He used the potty twice (peed and pooped - sorry for so much info) and only had 2 accidents.
When I heard this I was so happy for him. Improvement of this magnitude pretty much made me forgot our morning fiasco where he overloaded his pullup while in his bed, also peed in my bed, and had no dry shorts to wear. (all of his shorts were packed up for school - again) About the time I should be getting to work I was still at home stripping two beds of wet sheets and SEWING a tuck in a pair of shorts that are still a little bit in the waist. Then (finally) it was off to school. I got to work late and flustered and was sure it would be a bad day. In the end I forgot about how bad my day set out to be.
7 pairs of Underwear and 7 pairs of shorts are packed into this bag. Cayla has always liked to carry her lunchbox inside her backpack. Tate doesn't have room for his in there.
This morning I left the house by 7:10, dropped Tate off at 7:20 (the earliest he's allowed to be there), dropped Cayla off at 7:40, and I still made it to work on time. No time for chit chat though.
4 comments:
Hey, he's learning! Good for him. I can see how that would be stressful, though, with the sheet-changing, shorts-packing, and sewing! You're super-mom. --K
I think that is definite progress! Bummer about all the hastle though. Sheets, shorts-packing, and sewing...Oh my! I think you accomplished more in the morning than I have all day.
We all know that I leave little to no room for error in the morning - but I could have probably been up an hour earlier and I still would have been sewing and cleaning pee up at the last minute.
On the bright side, this has forced me to totally keep up with the laundry. While washing shorts every night I might as well, throw the other 10 pieces of clothes we wore that day in there as well. I know shorts and undies are "wash and wear", but how long do they last if they are washed and worn EVERY DAY?
Oh yeah for TATE...he is learning pretty fast that wet pants are no fun! Congrats maybe by the end of the week you will be down to like 2 pairs a day...
Post a Comment