Friday, August 7, 2009

Bread Be Gone

I catch Tate in the kitchen holding a brand new loaf of bread.

Me: Where did you get that? (Clearly he drug it off the counter)
Tate Drops the loaf as if he's been caught red handed - he just stares at me with a blank look. I think he believes that if he doesn't move he's invisable.
Me: Tate can I have that?
Tate: He comes back to life and his eyes light up as he says "MOM I JUMP!"
No time to react he's just jumped with both feet landing on the bread.

Tate: "AGAIN, I JUMP!" (jumping on the bread again)

Me: TAAAATE!!!!

Tate: Bye Mommy! (he picks up the loaf and runs off to the play room)

There was no use in trying to save the bread so I just went to get my camera instead. What in the world would make him think to jump on the bread? Cayla was irritated that I let him do this - as if I gave permission. She immediately started mourning her turkey sandwiches. I told her that some of the bread might still be usable. She wants no part of it.


















Now I have ~20 slices of bread that all look like this...



She must have forgiven him because they are back to wrestling.

No comments: