Monday, August 10, 2009

After being gone all last week, Chris made it home Friday night. Tate and I were playing outside when he drove up. Tate dropped the ball we'd be playing with, and screeched "DADDY!!!" We joke about how each time Tate lays eyes on Chris or I, he gives an energetic "Mommmmy" or "Daaaaddy". I know many of you know exactly what I'm talking about. He sounds like he's seeing us for the first time after being gone for three months of summer camp. Considering he is THAT excited after we step out of the room for something as short as a potty break, you can imagine how worked up he was when he first saw Chris after an entire week. Every morning Tate had looked for Chris. He believed Chris' favorite hiding spots to be in the shower, on the toilet, or in the closet. All week Chris was MIA, but Tate never gave up on trying to find him. Come Friday when Chris drove up, Tate dropped everything and ran to greet him. He's a loyal little chap. All week Cayla went about her days as usual and played with her friends. Tate on the other hand was bound and determined to find the bigger version of himself.


Saturday we headed to Houston to see Mimi and Pawpaw. Cayla was sweet and very well behaved. Tate entered the room as a little ball of fire and gave Pawpaw a big strong high-five. He wanted to hold onto Pawpaw's bed and jump, and he thought the catheter tubing looked quite interesting. Tate's loud, so when he hollared out "HI PAWPAW" dad was definitely able to hear him - and you could tell it made him so happy! After a short time at the hospital (plenty of time for dad to see them, but not enough time for Tate to destroy anything) Bonnie took the kids swimming.

1 comment:

Abby said...

I love the energetic Mommy/Daddy! I'm so glad your dad got to see them and that they were only there a bit, so you could enjoy the visit as well!!