The morning started off a bit rocky when I locked my keys in my car. Maybe the silver lining of this was that I didn't slam my fingers in the door as well as I tried to catch it before it closed. It was one of those things where the second I started to slam it, I knew I didn't have my keys. I was convinced it wouldn't be a very good day.
I went about my day as normal, Chris drove a spare key to my office, and things were alright.
The highlight of my day was when I got home. I might have entered the house to find a cranky little boy, but I was overjoyed to see that he was still wearing the EXACT SAME CLOTHES that I'd sent him to school in. This means no potty training accidents today. This means no stinky laundry bag tucked in his backpack for me to wash and no bag to re-pack tonight. It's already done. All 5 sets of clothes that I sent today are still accounted for and CLEAN and they can go right back to school tomorrow. I don't think Chris recognized the target of my excitement, but I was sure to let him know. This evening Tate continued to use the potty. He won't tell us he needs to go, and going to "try" makes him a bit irrate, but once you get him there and step outside the bathroom he "goes". It's quite fabulous - I'm so proud. Good Job TATE!!!
5 comments:
How exciting! Good Job Tate! Now do you want to teach your friend Brooks?
Awesome! I guess the school's "throwing him to the wolves" technique is working! YAY!
Way to go Tate! This is exciting for both of you.
Wow! This is awesome news! Remind me to throw my child to the wolves when potty training. ;)
Are you your mother's daughter (with the car keys thing)? That's okay, we all have our foibles.....:)
Donna
Post a Comment