Monday, September 8, 2008

Calling All Readers ---

I was advised by a friend to add this nifty little site meter to my blog. I was warned though – it’s extremely addictive. It sounded like an excellent idea, and the thought of knowing how many hits my blog got each day made me very curious. Now my site meter has been in place for almost a week, and what I thought would curb my curiosity has taken the exact opposite effect. I see the little map of where my readers are: Snook, Bay City, Van Vleck, West Columbia, Gonzalez, Birmingham, Indianapolis, and I think to myself I don’t know anyone in any of these places. I love having readers (and lurkers), but I’m not satisfied just knowing that I had 136 readers in the past 5 days. I want to know who they are!
I never would have thought watching you watch me would make me so crazy!

Please help me solve my mystery.

10 comments:

Abby said...

darn, you still have no comments..I was so hoping to find out who your interenet friends were!! Abby from Houston/El Campo!

Tracy said...

I'm dying to know too! Did they find their way to my site from a link on someone else's site? Are they old friends? New friends? Have I met them once? Have I never met them at all? Do they know me through someone who knew someone who knew someone who knew me... The possiblities are endless. Come on peeps, don't be shy. I really am a friendly person. :)

Melanie said...

Hi Tracy,
I am Melanie from Gonzales, TX. I linked to your blog (and your sisters also I think) from Jenny (chumchal)Popp's blog. My husband is a cousin of Jenny's. I believe her husband, Nick, is related to you. I have your blog saved in my favorites. Alot of my favorites are "friends of friends" blogs.
Melanie

Anonymous said...

I got Denver... -K

Tracy said...

Thanks Melanie! One mystery city down a few more to go. I read lots of "friends of friends" blogs too, so I'm right there with ya!

Tracy said...

Van Vleck and Bay City have lurked again, but no comment. Bummer! :(

On another note, I can remove Snook from my list of mysteries. IT'S ME! (at home) Geez, I guess I'd never paid any attention to where my home computer registered. I'm a dork, I know. (and a lousy detective)

Abby said...

You are Snook! Well at least we figured that out. Maybe the Baycity people don't even know they are Bay City/Van Vlek.Crazy, I had no idea that you would be Snook! Rock on Melanie..I'm such a blog stalker of several friends of friends.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Peyton Manning to leave you a comment from Indianapolis! Jenn would be so jealous...

Jenny Popp said...

OMG! Someone from Indianapolis looks at mine as well. It HAS to be Peyton, who else could it be? LOL!

Abby said...

I'm sort of jealous I don't have any readers in Indianapolis! I would like to add indianapolis to my list of viewers...Peyton I have advised my husband to take you in his fantasy football draft every year for the last 8 years..he never listens to me, thus the reason he doesn't win! Just wanted to share, that I am a true fan!