Friday, September 5, 2008

Learning the Family Trade

We made hair bows! ("we" being me and Suzanne, not me and Chris) Last night Sue and I went to Erin’s for bow making… lots of them. Erin was our teacher, but I wasn’t a very good student and I didn’t really wait for much instruction. I took the supplies that she told me I needed and went to work doing it my own way. Erin is quite the perfectionist. She told me to bring a ruler to help measure the ribbon and she used her ruler lots. I opted to just wing it, and even though I took a ruler I left it in Sue’s car and never missed it. I think our bows turned out great – but I like I said I don’t have Erin’s high standard so don’t look too close! I don't have a picture of Erin's bows, but I assure you they were all flawless of course.
*Suzanne sporting one of the bows. I'm glad she came along because had she not I'd have no pictures of our work. Making bows made me happy, but not having a camera to take pictures of them bummed me out again. :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When are the shirts coming out? :) They look great! --K

Amanda said...

Yep, Erin is a perfectionist! I think your bows look great.

Abby said...

Please please teach me! I need the lessons!!

Jenny Popp said...

I wanna learn how to make 'em! Maybe we can set up a time that you can teach Abby and I at once. Hope you are patient!