At what point am I allowed to say “he’s walking”. If he has to have given up on crawling all together, we aren’t there yet. He still crawls when he wants to get somewhere quickly. (ie when he’s chasing Star or trying to steal Cayla’s sandwich) Right now I think it’s fair to stay “he’s stepping”. He sometime walks 5 or 6 steps, sometimes all the way across the room. Sometimes he falls, stands right back up, and keeps walking. Sometime he just continues on his way by crawling. He obviously knows how to walk. If you lure him by holding a banana or something he can walk REALLY FAR. You guys know how much this boy likes snacks! He’s been taking the same couple of steps for many months now. I was sure he would be walking before he turned 1, but as I told Chris when it comes to walking our kids definitely bring up the rear.
Even though he might be behind the curve when it comes to walking, this kid can climb with the best of them. He can stand on his chair to climb on his table and if you aren’t paying attention he will stand on his table as well, he can stand on our unpacked boxes to pull parts of the computer down, he stands on stuffed animals to get on top of the toy box, and he has stood on the fire place (even though I tried my hardest to block it from him). Saturday he fell off the fire place and his head hit the floor. His big noggin now has a very small cut, but he recovered quickly.
Sorry no pictures. I’m very sad.
2 comments:
I'm sad there are no pictures...I think it counts as walking! If he can do it to chase snacks, that's walking. He is just smart to crawl when he needs to get there fast because he can't run yet...just wait!!
I think it counts, too! That's so exciting - yay Tate!!! --K
Post a Comment