Friday, May 2, 2008

Sleeping




I don’t know anyone else who sleeps like this, but it must be something they’ve inherited from Chris. I caccoon myself when I sleep. I wouldn’t dare lift my arms above my head, because it makes me feel extremely vulnerable – as if Chris is going to wake up during the night (or come in from work) and start tickling me. I know, it sounds far-fetched. Chris makes fun of me sometimes because we’ll be sitting on the couch, he’ll reach across me for something and notice that as soon as he does I clench my arms to my sides. It’s an anti-tickle reflex that I have. I know, I’m strange, but I have to blame it on the years of tickling abuse from my cousin Brian. One would think I would be over it by now (I am 27 years old), but I guess this victim is still recovering.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! They all sleep exactly the same. I still have the tickle defense reflex too. *Bons

Anonymous said...

Nancy was exactly the same way too - on the tickle defense.

I think it's adorable that they all sleep the same way. :) --K

Tracy said...

Just looking at them sleeping like that makes me nervous for them. I could NEVER do that! Chris tickles Cayla all of the time, so one would think her arms would be plastered to her sides as well.

Jenny Popp said...

I totally missed this post the other day. Glad I caught it today. So cute that they all sleep like their Daddy, but it looks awfully uncomfortable.

Tracy said...

You missed it the other day because I started the draft, but then couldn't get the pictures to upload and forgot about it. I didn't finish it until last night, but it posts to the day it was started.

You're right... I it doesn't look comfortable at all. If I tried that, I'd have to sleep with at least one eye open.

Abby said...

Oh my gosh, the first thing I thought about as I was reading this was that you probably do that because of Brian and the torture he put you through!! I am so sorry about all of that. I will have you know he still freaks out about the claw...so if you ever need to seek revenge!