Friday, May 2, 2008

I'm Super Mom

I went to join her for lunch yesterday, and she's right - parents join them but don't eat. I guess if I really would have wanted to bring lunch for myself I could have, but instead I helped her teacher hand out lunches and then just talked to the kids while they ate. She was so happy to have me there. I also read her class two books, and Cayla got to be the page turner. You guys know how much I absolutely HATE public speaking (even to 5 year olds), but I powered through it. When the teacher says, "maybe Cayla's mom will read us a story", what am I supposed to say "no, I'm scared". After the first book we had a little extra time so she asked if I wanted to do one more. Lucky for me the books were easy and I didn't stutter.

I wish her school was closer to my office, because I could go more often. Maybe between Chris and I we can do it once a week or something. I don't know what Chris would think about story books, but I know he could do it! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I don't like public speaking either, so I sympathize! I'm glad she really enjoyed it though... But weren't you starving?!?! --K

Jenny Popp said...

I hate public speaking too! I have to admit that I always put my parents on the spot and ask them to read too. I have had parents tell us no and it really is ok!

Anonymous said...

Way to be Super Mom! I don't think 5 year olds would have judged too harshly if you had stuttered, but I'm glad it was a success. *Bons

Abby said...

I had no idea you didn't like public speaking! I would have thought you could have eaten as well. Good thing you ask before you went!