I haven't posted in quite a few days. I guess Chris and the kids are falling down on their jobs and not providing me with enough writer's prompts. It's funny as we live our daily lives and when something happens, Chris says "this is going to end up on your blog isn't it?" He claims that not EVERYTHING is bloggable, but I beg to differ, most everything is bloggable. They feed my blog. If Tate didn't eat coupons, Cayla didn't worry about needing a "hearing machine" (hearing aid), and Chris didn't fall into pools while holding cheeseburgers, what in the world would I write about?
Since I'm seriously lacking material, I'll just give a brief update.
We had a good weekend we went to a party, a shower, Chris played golf, the kids and I got to nap, we got to stay for the entire church service, we got groceries (Tate ate through part of one box - but not the UPC) , and we all lived to tell about it.
Chris and I are adjusting to being home at the same time again. I really like it - we all get to eat dinner together, I don't have to go to these parties or showers solo, and I have an extra set of hands to help me keep Tate out of the trash while I pick sticky candy of Cayla's hair. It's very nice. However while on nights Chris got used to going to sleep every day without the TV on, and he's made me start doing the same now that we go to sleep at the same time. I've slept in the middle of the bed with the TV on for quite some time now so I'm adjusting. I think I've about conquered the TV issue, but I continue to sleep in the middle of the bed. He appreciates the small victories. On the bright side this has made me start reading again. I love to read, but never really had time. (if I read during the day Tate thinks I've brought out lunch for him) Every night we both lay down and read. I tell him we are like old people (or Carol and Mike Brady). We read, and then we hit our lamps and go to sleep. If you have watched the Brady Bunch, I'm sure you can picture exactly the scene I'm talking about.
Cayla is doing well. She's gearing up for kindergarten and pretty excited about it. We got her backpack and lunch boxes this weekend. Yes, she wanted more than 1 lunch box for just in case she forgets one at school. It probably isn't teaching her the utmost responsibility by buying 2, but realistically she had a good point.
Tate is into everything as usual. He's cutting more molars, and at the rate he's going he'll have all baby teeth by a year and a half, lose them all by age three and need braces by kindergarten. That kid has a mouth full of teeth!
- I really posted this picture for 2 reasons. 1. They are both smiling and looking in the same direction. 2. You can see that Chris and I (two very green eyed people) have one very brown eyed kid and one with baby blues. Funny, huh?
2 comments:
Tate sure didn't get his big smile from his dad... :) --K
Wow, no t.v. All those tivo'd shows going to waste!! I think it's great. I can't wait to see Mike and ask him what he's been reading!
Post a Comment