The first day went great! She was shocked at how long of a day it is. In all actuality she spends about the same amount of time there as she did at preschool, but it must be jam packed and last night she fell asleep very quickly. She said her teacher was very nice, she says her classroom really ROCKS, and she got to sit next to her Longmire friend Tatum at the lunch table. Tatum brings her lunch like Cayla, and Cayla says she really doesn’t want to have to sit next to the cafeteria eaters. I told her she has to be nice to everyone, if a cafeteria eater sits next to her its okay, everyone likes different things, etc. After seeing yesterday’s beef and cheese nachos she’s convinced that she will NEVER, EVER, EVER eat one of those trays. She claims her “motto” is bringing her lunch.
Me: Motto?
Cayla: Yes mom, my motto. You didn’t learn what a motto was in kindergarten?
Me: I don’t think so, but I guess someone else taught me when I was older. I know what a motto is. How is your motto bringing your lunch?
Cayla: Uh, mom I don’t think you know what a motto is. Do you need me to tell you?
Me: Sure
Cayla: It’s something you do or you plan to do. My school has a motto, and now I have a motto.
Me: What’s your school’s motto?
Cayla: Mom, I can’t remember everyone’s motto. I just remember mine.
I think as long as she brings her lunch every day she will find kindergarten to be fantastic. She was very excited to go back today, but not quite as energetic as yesterday. Her behavior yesterday morning really was out of character and too good to be true. Never the less, she crawled out of bed this morning, got dressed (with some encouragement), ate breakfast and walked her little body through those big glass doors, again. Success!
3 comments:
Here motto is bringing her lunch, too funny! She's such a trip, did mom tell you about how she explained the meaning of the words two and too. Geez, get ready! *Bons
Yes I heard the story about "too and two". She really thought Mimi needed to go back to kindergarten.
How cute! Glad she liked school - I'm sure she'll get you educated, Tracy. :) I can't wait to hear all those stories...especially when she's a teenager! --K
Post a Comment