We dropped her off this morning, she jumped out of the car and waved us goodbye. There was no anxiety, no hanging on my leg, no “one last kiss or hug”, she probably would have been fine with us just dropping her off at the street. She walked into school, and I might have embarrassed her by taking a few pictures.
We packed her lunch last night. After looking over the cafeteria menu we’ve learned that she MIGHT eat there once in the month of September (on spaghetti day). Even then, she wants to know if they have watery sauce or thicker sauce. She doesn’t like watery sauce. To be on the safe side, she said she’d rather just bring a sandwich from home. Today was beef and cheese nachos, the rest of the week is corndogs, oven fried chicken, steak fingers, and pepperoni pizza. The pizza sounds okay in theory, but she’s really particular about the look of the pizza, and she fears spending the afternoon hungry if it looks unappetizing. I think she’ll get LOTS and LOTS of use out of her two lunch boxes. Unless she drastically changes her eating habits I will be packing her sandwiches for the rest of her life.
- Night before Kindergarten
- First Day of School
- On a not so exciting note, Tate had to go back to the Dr. on Saturday. Two more ear infections - YUCK! He wasn't pulling on his ears, but rather his entire head. Like he thought he could just disconnect it from his neck and the pain might stop. Luckily after two days of medicine he seems to be feeling much better.
3 comments:
Oh my Gosh! The first day of school. I teared up a little bit looking at these pictures. I can't believe she is old enough to be in kindergarten! I'm sure you are saying the same thing. How did you handle it?
And poor Tate, I hope he feels better :(
He looks like a little stoner in that last picture. Poor little guy - I'm glad he's feeling better, though. I think that's great that Cayla did so well on her first day at school - she looked very pretty and ready to take it on! I sure hope she liked it! --K
Ahhhh... I just want to cry that Cayla is big enough to go to kindergarten. I am so glad that she likes. They may be ready to grow up, but I'd like to keep them little a bit longer!!
Can't wait to hear all about it this weekend!!
Post a Comment