Not a whole lot to report. (or maybe its that there's just not a whole lot of time to do the reporting)

Kourtney spent the weekend with us, watched Tate, and played with Cayla while I was super-productive and unpacked boxes. When I say "watched Tate", I mean she cared for him 100%. She is unbelievable. She changed diapers, made bottles, crawled around with him, and gave him undivided attention that I hasn't had since... Ever. All the while I worked on the house and we are now able to fully function in the new house and there are not boxes at every turn. We have finally found our every day untensils, so we're no longer eating off of paper plates using our china silverware. They are nice forks, so I'm kind of glad that we finally got to use them, but now it's time for them to get packed up in the hutch for one of those special occasions that we never seem to have. We have this great huge table now and I told Chris we could have dinner parties. His response was - who are we going to invite; our friends don't do "dinner parties". Maybe he's right, but if we wanted to we could have an amazing dinner party.
I finally found my camera, but the cord that I thought went to it doesn't fit, so now I have to hunt again. When I find that I'll be able to post some pictures. In the mean time, we still do not have TV or internet. We had an awful run-around with the cable company and found out that they will not offer us service until August. (they told our neighbors "the fall" so I'm not sure which is true) Either way was unacceptable, so we've decided to go the Direct TV/DSL route. That will be set up July 3rd, so when I get back from New Braunfels we will finally be able to watch TV again. In the meantime I've been falling asleep at night to various seasons of The Office. I'm starting to dream about Dwight and Jim, so I need to get some real TV soon.
Kourtney spent the weekend with us, watched Tate, and played with Cayla while I was super-productive and unpacked boxes. When I say "watched Tate", I mean she cared for him 100%. She is unbelievable. She changed diapers, made bottles, crawled around with him, and gave him undivided attention that I hasn't had since... Ever. All the while I worked on the house and we are now able to fully function in the new house and there are not boxes at every turn. We have finally found our every day untensils, so we're no longer eating off of paper plates using our china silverware. They are nice forks, so I'm kind of glad that we finally got to use them, but now it's time for them to get packed up in the hutch for one of those special occasions that we never seem to have. We have this great huge table now and I told Chris we could have dinner parties. His response was - who are we going to invite; our friends don't do "dinner parties". Maybe he's right, but if we wanted to we could have an amazing dinner party.
I finally found my camera, but the cord that I thought went to it doesn't fit, so now I have to hunt again. When I find that I'll be able to post some pictures. In the mean time, we still do not have TV or internet. We had an awful run-around with the cable company and found out that they will not offer us service until August. (they told our neighbors "the fall" so I'm not sure which is true) Either way was unacceptable, so we've decided to go the Direct TV/DSL route. That will be set up July 3rd, so when I get back from New Braunfels we will finally be able to watch TV again. In the meantime I've been falling asleep at night to various seasons of The Office. I'm starting to dream about Dwight and Jim, so I need to get some real TV soon.
4 comments:
Too funny about the Office. That really sucks that they do not provide service to you. It's not like you live 20 miles out of town...geez. I'm really anxious to see pics so find your camera cord! Bons
We have tv and still fall asleep to Dwight and Jim every night! Love the Office!
But the real question is....Do you get to get Tivo..or dvr? If so all the waiting will be worth it!
I can't wait to see the pics. You remind me of Ev and Jerome with the cable thing - my mom FINALLY talked him into DirecTV about 2 years ago, and ONLY because she was having major surgery. HA! If it wasn't for that, they still wouldn't have cable either. I need to come visit you! --K
Okay.. So once again I am a little bit behind on the blog... BUT I am leaving comments which is far more than I ever did before. I will surely come over for dinner parties!
Post a Comment