Monday, June 16, 2008

Moving Stinks

… but it’s done! We're living in chaos. We don’t have cable, we don’t have internet, we don’t have grass, and we don’t have hot water, but we’re in. Hopefully all of those things will be fixed within the next week. Hot water is first on the list and it should be available today. The move was much worse than I expected, and even though we had great help (mom, dad and Jim Bob) it still took us 6 hours Friday night and all day Saturday. Yesterday we got the old refrigerator moved to the rent house and the old house cleaned. I say “we”, but Chris did most all of this because while I tended to Tate. I fished packing peanuts, trash, dirt, paper, leaves, plastic, and who knows what else out of his mouth all day long. It was exhausting for both of us.

This morning we managed to find the bare necessities to get Tate to Margie’s, Cayla to school (with her swimming lessons gear, packed lunch, and breakfast), and me to work. Chris called a little while ago and he’s on a mission right now to locate the pieces of his uniform so he can work tonight.

I’ll post pictures when I get a computer set up, or more importantly find my camera.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like it was quite the ordeal, but at least it is over! *Bons

Abby said...

I hate moving. I really really hate moving! I think it's even worse when you make a short move than a long distance one, because you don't think you have to pack as much as you should! I hate moving!