Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Return from Paradise

We're back, and it was fantastic! The room and food were "okay", but the group was great and we had an awesome time! I drank every fruity drink that our favorite bartender, Manuel, would make for me, we played lots of pool volleyball, got massages, shopped, hung out in the bars, napped, and so much more. I loved it! I tried to take pictures, but found that most of the ones I snapped are from the 2nd day of the trip. I didn't take my camera out to the pool and I spent LOTS of time there so that's lots of pictures missed. (I was just looking out for the safety of my camera of course)

ARRIVING IN CANCUN - I took this picture as a "before" shot, so I could see if I got any sun on the trip.



CHRIS GETTING READY FOR DINNER THE SECOND NIGHT - I had to help him a bit, because we'd spent most of the day on the beach and at the pool bar. I put on his shoes for him and combed his hair. As I crammed his feet into his dress shoes he commented that he now knows how bad Tate has it. I know I'm sweet when I dress Tate, but I might have been a bit forceful as I put on my 34 year old husbands shoes. The picture was taken after I combed his hair. He didn't like the way it looked, but I just blamed it on his haircut.
AT DINNER - I tried to get Chris to take a picture with me, but most of what I got where goofy pictures (you know, Chris' style)
THE ONLY NORMAL ONE IN THE BUNCH
JIM BOB AND CHRIS - They laughed a lot on this trip.CHRIS TRYING TO GET HIS NAPKIN TO STICK TO HIS SWEATY FOREHEAD - We found that Mexico's air conditioning and standards of "cool" are MUCH different than our own. Chris of course couldn't just comment on how hot he was, he had to prove it with a napkin.
CHRIS AND BRENT - All I have is a title for this one, I don't know what they were doing. It looks kind of like Chris is singing in his ear - I don't remember that being the case, but no guarentees.




CHRIS POSING WITH HIS "I'M A STUD" FACE - Too bad his I'm a stud face makes his nostril larger than his eye socket. Maybe he should practice that one in the mirror a few times before he tries it again. :)


END OF THE NIGHT - Yes folks, this is how the night of the brown and white striped shirt closed. After the bar, we went to get some bedtime snacks. Chris chose a cheeseburger and I wanted guacamole. (I loved the all you can eat guacamole -- it was the good stuff) For some reason Chris decided to try walking his cheeseburger and fries across these little concrete steps. We'd joked earlier in the night about how before the trip ended SOMEONE would try it. The steps themselves were smaller than Chris' feet, but he and his burger made it across. Then I told him to do it again, because I didn't get a picture. (I was fumbling with my guacamole and didn't get my camera out soon enough). He starts again, but of course he falls and he and his burger go into the kiddie pool. I laughed so hard I cried, but then he went back to the room and I got him another burger. We didn't realize until the next day that we were missing the flip flops he'd been wearing. I scoped out the lost and found (even though it would have blown Chris' cover - he was the one who caused pool boy to wake up and fish for a burger, lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions and fries), but his shoes never showed up in the lost and found. There's probably a pool boy out there wearing some brand new Texas A&M leather flip flops. Trust me that pool boy deserves them.

SHOPPING - Chris and JimBob would sit outside on these great chairs they found every so often, while Erin and I looked at basically the same stuff (just different stores) over and over again.




EATING DIINNER IN TOWN - The food was good and the place was cute. Our waitress did things like carry our drinks out balanced on her head in hopes of a better tip.



IN THE TOBACCO STORE - We didn't buy anything, but the guy there tried to tell us how it would be easy to smuggle cuban cigars. We also got offered lots of drugs. We stayed in this store longer than necessary because the A/C and humidifier felt great.


LEAVING PARADISE - It's good to see that I got a little sun. It was a great trip. There was a small kink on the way home. Our flight to Houston was late due to weather and we missed our connecting flight to College Station. We ended up renting a car and just driving the last leg. We had to pick up the kids anyway, and the small planes are no fun.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun!!I love that Chris fell in the pool while holding a cheeseburger...poor pool boy. He did earn those flip flops. It looks like you guys had a blast! *Bons

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was so much fun!!! And I was excited that you actually made it into some of the pictures haha and didn't have to take all of them.
-Sue

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous... It looks like a blast. I was cracking up at your comment about Chris' "stud face" nostril. That's good stuff... I'm glad y'all had fun! --K

Abby said...

I thought I had already posted a comment, so if this is a duplicate, sorry! I am so glad you all had fun! I am so jealous!!

I can only hope to see the "hamburger flip" during the fourth of july festivities!!

Abby said...

I thought I had already posted a comment, so if this is a duplicate, sorry! I am so glad you all had fun! I am so jealous!!

I can only hope to see the "hamburger flip" during the fourth of july festivities!!

Tracy said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that the kiddie pool was MAYBE 1 ft. deep. Somehow though, Chris was able to completely submerge himself and lose his shoes.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you guys had a great trip. Cancun is so much fun; me and Shelly had a blast there. We're really looking forward to seeing y'all next month.