Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hard Core

A brief update on diet, exercise, lunch, and Becca the neighbor. 


Diet  - It's getting easier, but I'm still not liking it.  I haven't had an enchilada since January 3rd (yes, I remember the when and where).  I desperately want some CHEESE who's first name is not "Cottage".  I have tried adding just 3 or 4 sprinkles of real cheese to various meals, but it doesn't fool me. 

Exercise - It's become a morning routine that I can much easier adjust to, and I've discovered that the fat girl in me must love food more than sleep!  I really don't care that I wake up an hour earlier than before, but as I've told Becca I can do this only as long as my morning does not have to start in the 4:00 hour.  That is where I draw the line!  The exercise is going pretty well and I really feel no more tired at the end of the day than I did before.  Maybe I can do this.

Becca - She's hard core.  Cold, wind, a little rain, we've been out in it all.  Yesterday morning it was 38 degrees outside however with the 31mph gusts of wind the weather man said it "felt like 27")  I think it felt like 27 below. She has literally 25 pairs of ridiculously small pants in her closet (some literally dating back 10 years ago). Two babies later (one who is only 5 months old), she's absurdly determined to fit into all of them.  Who knows if she will actually wear them anywhere, but she wants them to fit.  I, on the other hand am married Chris Perkins, and even if I did have tiny "goal pants" he would have thrown them out long ago.  See the link below if you've forgotten Chris Perkins' style...

Wheel of Death

Lunch - What goes along with Diet and Exercise?  Definitely not Casa Rodriguez, Papa Perez, and Cafe Capri.  For 10 years Chris has been telling me I should probably pack my lunch for work.  For 10 years I've blown him off, and continued my usual habits.  Once (a while back)  he was packing his lunch and lunches for the kiddos and Cayla asked "Where's Mom's lunch?"  I knew some smart alec comment was coming - "Your Mom thinks she's  "too good" to pack her lunch".  I was successfully able to dodge packing my lunch for the better part of 10 years but low and behold I now tote "City of College Station" lunch box.  I don't like it, but I also don't like the idea of waking up well before dawn for nothing.  If I eat Enchiladas for lunch every day - I woke up for nothing.

Diet, Exercise, and a Lunch Box?  I don't even recognize this person I've become.

3 comments:

DenKag said...

If I remember correctly, the post prior to this one was entitled, "Could it not be so bad to try new things?" HA! I think it's great that you're doing all that. It is hard, that's for sure. Go Tracy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie said...

Way to go! I was super impressed with the working out regimen, but packing a lunch too. I hardly even recognize you.

Abby said...

Wow!! I'm doing the work out thing, but no enchilada since January. Very impressive, I hate the packed lunch too. Just not a fan of the sandwich. I am very impressed!