1 month ago, I was told "we have plans on February 13th; find us a babysitterfrom 3-9". That same day I booked Kourtney as thesitter and let my mind start wandering. What in the world was he up too? This is the guy who says that he's not CAPABLE of coming up with good gift ideas (even though recent history he's proven otherwise); what could this be? I told myself, "Tracy don't expect too much, for all you know he could be taking you to play poker at Billy's." As time passed, I began to prod a bit. Where were we going? Do I need a new outfit? Are we going to be outside, because it's really cold!!! I received various ridiculous answers, but did find out that it was a two part date and jeans were fine for the first part and he'd be wearing a suit for the second half. At this point my focus turned to the second part of the date. If he was wearing a suit that would mean I'd have to wear a DRESS!!! Most everyone knows how I rarely wear dresses, and how I don't even like them. :) I did tell him, "I'm going to be pretty ticked if I wear a dress and your grand plan is for us all to go drink beer at Jim Bob's."
Saturday came, and our date began. We started out a Messina Hof with wine tasting. After that we took the tour of the winery that was accompanied by more wine tasting. Finally we ended up in the wine bar with... you guessed it - more wine! It was so fun! Chris might not be as much of a Wine-o as me, but he never complained about it being a "gay date", he took some pictures with me (AND ACTUALLY SMILED), and I could tell he was really having fun!
One of the vineyards
Chris practicing this clucking and trilling!
Around 5:45 we left the winery, and went home to change for "Date Night - Part Two". He put on his suit and I did wear a dress. He'd made reservations at Christopher's for 7:00. This is a much more fancy place than we usually go, but the food was awesome!
On the way home he gave me a card - it was so sweet and even though I'd love to publish his writing on here for you... I know that would mean he'd NEVER write me a nice card again. Without a doubt it was an amazing date! You might wonder, "What did you get him, Tracy?" Answer: Some boxers, made him some mini cheesecakes, and a card. Yeah, I think I owe him...
3 comments:
That sounds so awesome! I'm very impressed. :) Y'all both look wonderful, too!
Wow, that is so impressive. You guys look like you had a great time.
Chris did a great job! Even better because he didn't tell you about it early!! I like the dress!
Post a Comment