Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wednesday Reflections

Yesterday definitely could have gone better. Had I not blogged earlier in the day, I would have had a lot more to gripe about than just diet and exercise. A good friend of mine likes to express how angry it makes her to spend more than 5 dollars on any type of car repairs or maintenance. I don't think she's found a mechanic who works for free, so I guess she's just learned to live with the dissatisfaction. She would be the girl who would put 5.00 worth of gas in her car knowing she'd have to stop again in an hour to add more. Maybe in her mind those 5 dollar bills don't add up, I don't know. I too hate pumping gas, getting my oil changed, or having any other type of car repairs done.
Yesterday morning I had slightly low tire pressure in my left rear tire. I only know this because my dashboard has an alert for it; no I wasn't out just checking the tire pressure as a morning routine (even thought we know that would make Louie so proud). Since it was so cold outside, I blew it off and drove off to work. At lunch time my tire pressure was lower yet and there was a visible nail, so I took it in to Sears. Upon arriving at Sears I show the technician my tire and we see 2 nails! Geez. Another technician looks at it and says "man, that's a pretty good looking tire"... I say, "Yeah, if it weren't for those nails!" He says they look as if they can be patched/plugged, so I go roam the mall. I get a phone call from them saying they found 3 nails so they can not fix my tire. I head back over to Sears to find out that they have one tire that will fit my car and it looks to be one of the most expensive tires they sell. With Chris in a meeting (at work), I have to make a decision about my car... something I never do. The only option I have, other than buying their tire, is to have them put on the spare. I opt for the spare, and as I'm about to leave on the donut I'm given a sales ticket... There's a charge for putting on a spare! My salesman Sean must have seen the disgust on my face, and he took it back from me and said, oh you don't have to worry about that.
I head to Sam's and buy their cheaper (yet still expensive) tire, and roam the store for the next 2 hours while they fix up my car. I stop to look at new cell phones. Mine's been on its last leg for quite a while, and I was hoping I was eligible for an upgrade. I find out that Chris can upgrade, but I cannot. We got our current phones on the same day, but apparently back then when we got the iphone, I was switched from the primary to the secondary line. The primary line gets to upgrade before the secondary. I have to wait until March to get a phone with a working screen. I walk away from that kiosk, thankful that at least my phone still works. It only has to make it until March.

Last night my phone died for good. It no longer will turn off (without taking the battery off), the keys seem to be confused (if I type a 1 it displays a *, a 9 displays a 4, etc), and it continually is trying to connect to the internet.

When do I get to catch a break?

Rather than concentrating on this miserable day, I'm looking forward to the weekend. Chris has plans for us on Saturday and he's very tight lipped about them. We have Kourtney babysitting from 3-9. I hear that I can wear jeans for the "first part", and for the "second part" he's wearing his suit. I thought he might be joking with me, because previously he's also told me he might wear a speedo or a bowtie, but this morning he headed to the cleaners with his suit. I'm excited... I've never been on a two outfit date. :)

3 comments:

DenKag said...

WOW! That's pretty nice... I guess he's ramped up his gift-giving, huh??? :) I can't wait to hear about it!!!

Anonymous said...

I think a combo of the bowtie and the speedo would look nice. :)

-T

Bonnie said...

Wow, so impressive about the date! I can't wait to hear about it.

Bummer about the tires and the phone. I still have my old one if you need it....