Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Pictures

Yesterday the kids spent their afternoon playing in our own very miniature water park. The slip-n-slide was a huge hit, as was the blow up pool! Cayla was a pro slip-n-slider, while Tate preferred to stick his head in the landing pool. Here are some pictures.

























This is definitely not her best photo, but I thought her hair looked cute. :)



Today Cayla was a little apprehensive about going to Powersports and showing off her new much shorter locks. (above is a picture of her taken this morning before camp) Her nerves were getting to her and I tried to remind her just cute she looked. Whatever I said seemed to make her feel better. We get there, go inside, and wait for her wristband. The guy giving out bands says, "Micayla you cut your hair! What happened did you get gum in it or something?" She whips her head around and looks at me like OH NO, WHAT DO I SAY NOW. I say " Oh no, tell him you donated it!" She says in a soft spoken voice "I donated it to kids who don't have hair to make a wig". The guy just said, "Oh cool." I don't think he was familiar with hair donation, but I couldn't believe that his first reaction was to ask her if she got gum in it. MEN!!! They say the first thing that comes to their mind and it comes out in the form of "word vomit".


Preschool is wearing Tate out. It's as if he's too tired to fight going to bed. In this picture it appears that he passed out "mid-escape".

2 comments:

DenKag said...

Men really are no good with talking...oh well! I guess you get used to it, huh? :)

Emily said...

I still love the hair. I can't believe men! Oh poor Tate, he is loving it I can tell. Did she make it through with all her cash or do we need to come down there!