Wednesday, July 1, 2009

That gross, yucky, messy, embarrassing, filthy, disgusting brother of mine...

From Cayla:

I try to put my things where they belong. I might not have ALL of my things in order, but I definitely try to keep my favorite and most personal items out of the hands of my brother. Yesterday while snacking on chocolate chips, he snatched my pink light-up tooth brush from the bathroom – yes, it was where it belonged! I have a few tooth brushes, but this my only one with cool flashing lights.

It would have been bad enough for him to just put it in his mouth (you know he eats rocks, mud, and all of those foods that I do not like), but he sucked on my tooth brush while eating his chocolate. It was the most disgusting thing that I’d ever seen. I was clearly very upset about this, and can you believe that my mom actually tried to get me to HOLD that tooth brush for a picture? Of course I immediately refused – I was so MAD!!!

On days like this I like to remind my mom how nice it was when I was an only child. I like to tell her that things would have been better if we’d remained a family of three or if I’d had a sister. I like to tell my mom how I wish my brother was “normal”, because then he’d be okay.

My mom likes for Tate and I to play together, and she tells me I have to share with him. If I have a snack Tate always wants it. When my mom tells me to share, I get him his own bowl and THEN I share. I definitely do not want him dipping his grimy hands in my bowl. If he steals my drink I just let him have it. I refuse to drink after him. Once Tate had leftover macaroni and cheese that I really wanted. Mom used his spoon to scoop it onto my plate and that was enough to make me loose my appetite and I wouldn’t eat it.

Even though I do like Tate when he's not driving me crazy, I’m still holding out for a sister (but mom says that’s not going to happen).


4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Eww, that toothbrush is NASTY! I don't blame her at all. It may be in reverse, but this is how I felt sharing clothes with you. You know the hand me downs that always had the stains from food/etc that you had dropped on them. Poor kid.

DenKag said...

I'm with Cayla - that toothbrush does look pretty gross!!! :)

DenKag said...

I just read Bonnie's post...you DO have a knack for spilling stuff on your clothes while eating...

Tracy said...

Maybe this means that there's hope for Tate. I think I've gotten better about this, but it did take me 20 something years to figure it out. (and I'm still too scared to buy anything white)