We got home and talked to Chris a little bit about it. Of course he didn't mind, and just suggested "let her get it cut". SOOOOOO... we headed to town for haircuts. Tate's was much less drastic, Cayla went on the chopping block. She was excited and I was a bit sad. She wanted it cut to her neck and I was hoping for something more shoulder length. Before we headed to town, I got on the computer and checked out Locks of Love. I'd rather 6 years of growth, shampooing, brushing, and ponytails go toward a child who needs the hair rather than the beauty shop garbage. On the website I learned that the hair at to be at least 10 inches. I thought to myself, if we're going to cut 8 inches anyway (just estimating), we might as well do 10.
Now it's time to get the hair cut. She clearly really wants this, and if I don't go for it now I'll surely chicken out. We get there and I learn that the hair has to be in a pony tail to donate, and they have to cut 10 in. of pony tail. That makes the leftover hair a lot shorter, but the nice girl cutting it swore to me that it would be cute. Here's a look at our trip in photos: The back is stacked and the front is a little longer. It really is cute.
4 comments:
That is a lot of hair to cut off! But she looks so cute with her new 'do! :) --K
Wow! I would have been right there with you. Cutting off hair makes me so nervous. She looks precious though and when we thought Em may not have any hair at all, locks of love is what helped me sleep at night.
You and Cayla did a great thing!!
E and I just love it. She look soo soo cute. I think it fits her well. I understand the nervousness, but it turned out AMAZING!
Hi Tracy! Wow - her hair was really long! But it sure looks cute - and what a great cause to support too! Your kids are adorable-
Post a Comment