
We have a mouse in our garage. Shortly after we moved in we had a rat, but Chris got rid of him. He chased him out and and around the yard with a broom and then... "won". (I'm sure it was a sight to see) This week, while Chris was working I saw a mouse run under his work bench. It really didn't bother me much, but I called Chris to see what I should do. The kids were already in bed and I was headed that way, so my main question was whether or not to close the garage door completely. Chris tells me I can get his leaf blower out and try to scare the mouse out. It sounds easy enough, but I had no idea where the mouse was. The little critter was quick. I make sure the house door is shut, and I blow the area under the bench. I see nothing. I then start blowing the shelves. As I do that, some leaves blow into and air and one hits my foot. I jump and freak out like a little girl. It reminds me of the time that Bonnie was terrified because there was a snake next to her foot. She screamed from the backyard and would not move. It ended up it was her goofy shoe string blowing in the wind. It took a lot of effort, but my dad was able to convince her to look down at her foot again.
I regain my composure and get back to work. I blow the inside of our shoes (the ones in the garage) - I didn't know what I was going to do if a mouse ran out of my tennis shoe. I blow off some shelving, but still I see no mouse. More junk blows off the shelves and I jump again. I give up. I thought I was tough, not so girly, and could easily take on this mouse. I was wrong. I leave the blower, go inside, and decide this is a man's job. Chris is going to buy some traps today.
6 comments:
That's so funny that you wrote about my snake incident because that was exactly what I was thinking about as I read your mouse incident. In my defense (a very small defense) it was dark and I thought I had stepped on the "snake" so I didn't want to move because then he would get away or be able to bite me. It was very tramatic I assure you, but yes in the end it only was my shoelace....I guess that makes me a really big loser :( Bons
Where did you find the girl with the leaf blower pic? Did you make that on scrapblog? Bons
How hard would a snake the size of a skinny shoelace bite?
I actually found it (the leaf blower pic) on some random site, but it was a guy. I opened it in paint and added the pony tail. Yeah, who's the loser now?
Scrapblog had lots of pictures but none of people holding blowers. It must not be a hot item
Okay, I would've freaked out too, that's for sure. I don't think it's that you're really AFRAID of mice, but you still don't want them crawling on you! :) I hope the traps get it! --K
Haha did you redo the page during your time of being incredibly bored yesterday? You know after you stalked Thad's myspace.
-Sue
I added this post at work, but re-did my page the night before (while I was drinking wine alone). Sad, I know. Remember I told you this.
Post a Comment