Me: Tate, what do you want for your birthday?
Tate: I want donuts, and pizza for my school, and a happy meal.
Me: Pizza for your school? How ‘bout pizza for your class?
Tate: Yes, pizza for my class… and donuts and a happy meal.
Considering he’s asking for only food for his birthday, one would think we don’t feed him the other 364 days of the year.
He woke up with a smile; ready for donuts!
At the donut shop, he excitedly told the Chinese lady behind the counter that it was his birthday. He also verbally invited her to his birthday party on Sunday. She gave him his donuts and chocolate milk for free! We were off to a great start.
This sign was posted to let parents know that they didn’t need to pack their kiddos a lunch. His teacher Ms. Avian said that Tate really challenged her when he said he wanted “Woody” on his sign. I have to say she did an amazing job!
*Yes, he wore the same shirt to school that he’d slept in. It wasn’t a battle worth choosing (especially on his birthday).
Pizza Party with his friends at lunchtime.
Tonight, I’ll spring for a Happy Meal to round out the day, and I guess tomorrow he can nurse his stomach ache.
2 comments:
That could've been a lot of pizza for his whole school!!! That was awfully nice of you. :)
I had given up on your blog and when I checked today there were multiple posts! You're back!
Post a Comment