Monday, July 25, 2011

Party, Party!

 

Piper turned 7 and so we got to go to her pool party!  My kids are super jealous that Piper and Will have a pool in their backyard.  As Cayla would put it, “all we have is a bathtub!”  I guess I never knew my kiddos were so deprived! I’m not sure why Tate was so jealous – he spent most of his time at the party poolside.  He’s certainly no fish, so he wore a life jacket while playing on the swing set. 

IMG_2382IMG_2383

Cayla loved swimming, but Tate’s favorite thing about the party was the tattoo he got to put on his belly.  Don’t worry Mimi, after 24 hours he’s already wishing it would come off so I don’t worry about him wanting to get real tats.  Smile

Sunday we celebrated Tate’s birthday.  I promise this can be last post about Tate’s birthday for an entire year.  He was very excited about having his birthday at Gattitown (or what he calls “Mr. Gattitown”).  It took quite a bit of persuasion to convince him that he wasn’t turning 5.  Since he’d already turned 4 earlier in the week he was quite adamant that he must be 5 at his party because he was already 4.   3 of his little friends from school came, and I was happy with that turn out.  Looking back, I’m glad all 15 from his class didn’t come, because those 4 little boys are CRAZY!  I now see that maybe Tate’s “normal”.  All 4 seemed to have just as much energy as him. 

IMG_2384IMG_2385IMG_2386IMG_2388

Sword fights with Pawpaw

IMG_2389IMG_2390

We tried to keep the sword fighting inside the party room, but occasionally the fight escalated out to the buffet. 

IMG_2391

Pawpaw set aside his sword for lunch… It still seems odd to me to see a plate in front of him!  He was able to snack a bit on some of his favorite things, but at the end of the day he though he’d over done it.  Today he’s taking it easy. 

IMG_2392IMG_2394

Clearly it wasn’t just fun for the little ones.  Smile

IMG_2395IMG_2396IMG_2397IMG_2398IMG_2399IMG_2400IMG_2401IMG_2402IMG_2403

Tate’s birthday week is now over.  The next birthday on the list is Cayla’s; and she wants a sleepover.  YIKES! 

3 comments:

Abby said...

So sad to miss the fun!! Oh no-a sleep over!!

CGG said...

Looks like fun! Your Dad looks great - he looks happy to be anywhere but a hospital! :-)

DenKag said...

I LOVED when we used to have sleepovers!!! But...maybe we were a handful at times! Just think of the memories she'll make, though--I know ours are priceless!