4 years ago today we were checked in to the hospital and ready to meet Tate for the first time. He he’d been too comfy to come on his own and we were being induced. I’d hoped that he’d be born on 07/07/07, but that didn’t happen. Ready to not be pregnant one more single day, I thought 7/18/07 sounded like a mighty fine birthday. With family and friends in tow… we waited.
We knew if Tate’s birth was anything like Cayla’s, it would not go quickly. “Some people” check into the hospital and have their babies by lunchtime. Those people make me want to vomit, because I certainly was not “one of those people”.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime all came and went – and still no baby! Being that I was having a baby during harvest season (gasp!), Pawpaw decided to work that day and come on to College Station that evening. Thank goodness he did, because he made to town with time to spare. He got to join the crowd and wait the next 5 or more hours.
Well, it turned out that 07/18/2007 wasn’t our big day after all, and 07/19/2007 would be just as fine of a birthday. When midnight came and went, what choice did I really have? Tomorrow that crazy boy of ours will be 4!
1 comment:
Jeez, you had a full house in that hospital room!!!
Post a Comment