Monday, November 2, 2009

The Week in Review

It was a busy week, but everything got done.  Since no one who reads my blog doesn't already know that dad went home on Thursday there's no real need to break the news on here.  Everyone read or heard about it on Thursday (when it really happened).  I went to Houston for the big farewell and then to El Campo.  My intention was to drive mom and dad home, but that plan was nixed when Memorial Hermann required that he be transported by ambulance.  We didn't care as long as he was taken home.  This  was a relief because I was already nervous at the prospect of driving his new multi-million dollar body "off the lot".  With the awful weather I encountered on the way home, I am extremely grateful to have not been dad's taxi.   

Chris kept the kiddos while I was gone, and from the looks of it did a great job.  I came home to happy kids, a clean house and no dirty laundry.   I was quite impressed shocked and of course he was gloating.  I later learned from Cayla that things didn't go so smoothly the entire time and that Chris was really ready for me to get home.  She told me that Tate got spankings, pooped on the floor, and was so bad at Chuckee Cheese that Chris made them leave early.  Chris did a good job, but clearly he's only human. 

Upon returning to College Station, I had plenty of time to get the kids costumes out of the box for the first time, take a real look at them for the first time, and pray that they fit.  It was Cayla's idea for her to be a cowgirl and Tate to be a cowboy.  The costumes didn't exactly look like the they did on the internet, but both kiddos were happy with their looks.  Unfortunately Cayla resembled a T-Sip, but she didn't notice and thought her cowgirl costume was awesome!  Tate was a bit grouchy for trick-or-treating, so his time was limited. After the first house he shed his hat, after the second he would no longer carry his basket.  After a couple more it was time for him to go home with Chris.










1 comment:

DenKag said...

I'm so glad it all went well! I would've been too nervous to chauffer, too. I can't believe Tate pooped on the floor...that cracks me up. And Chris didn't take any pics for the blog?! :)