Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Holiday Weekend

Not that there's not much to report, but my lack of weekend photography makes reporting a lot less interesting (for you to read and me to write).

We had a busy (yet fun) weekend. We managed to visit dad and hit up the Nada Picnic. Tate LOVED the picnic! Bouncing in the moonwalk, riding the train, playing in the rocks, eating BBQ, cake and MANY snowcones made him a hot, sweaty, happy, and tired little boy.


















Cayla won lots of "great prizes" in the kids games. I think we came home with a doll, 3 frisbees, 2 jump ropes, some lip gloss, and ball made of gel. She also danced to karaoke music with cousin Emery. The two of them had the grand idea of karaoking themselves, but lacked a song to sing. Cayla's claims shes going to practice and karaoke next year. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but we'll see.

I got to play some bingo and won 3 different types of soap (bubble bath, generic babywash, AND some hand soap). I won late in the day so the dish towels, toilet paper, and sugar had already been snatched up. :)


Monday the kids, Sue, and I made it to Houston to visit mom and dad. There we got to see his best therapy session yet!









Enlarge the group photo to see that Tate's not crying but rather smiling with ALL of his teeth. :)

3 comments:

Abby said...

Glad it all went well. Emery had so much fun with Cayla!! I was a little sad that she didn't win me some Tide!!

DenKag said...

God, Tate is so funny. I am SO glad your dad is doing so well. It is so great to read about that. Glad you had a good weekend!!!

The Campbell Clan said...

I so remember those Nada picnic days! Fun times!

I'm so happy to hear your dad continues on the road to recovery!