Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday Thoughts

The weather's been great, meaning playtime outside every evening. Tate continues to show us his strength, unending energy, and relentless courage. This boy can get into most anything... he leaves no table unturned and in his mind nothing is off limits. This past weekend he tried to run off with dad's wound vac. (because it has a handle he assumes it's portable) Yesterday he carried around Chris' box fan from the garage.







Here are a few more box pictures. As you can see the box is a bit fatigued. Tate loves the box just about as much as Cayla. While he doesn't use it for sleeping, he does find it to be the perfect spot to sit and eat his "rearies" (berries). Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and even grapes are all "rearies" to him, and he loves them all.



Last night Cayla fell asleep in the box again. This morning when I woke up she was sleeping on the couch. I asked her why she got out of the box and she broke down. "Mom sometimes its just so hard sleeping in the box every night. It used to be comfy, but last night it wasn't comfy at all. I can't sleep in the box all the time, because I'm a little too big for it. I wanted to sleep in it, but I just couldn't." She was tearing up - the stress of sleeping in the box had really gotten to her. I tried to comfort her, and she seemed to perk up rather quickly.
Might this soon be an empty box?

1 comment:

Abby said...

First of all. Brooks and Tate have the exact same look on their face. So funny.

I'm laughing at Cayla and the stress of living in a box. Thank God she is not homeless.