Monday, May 18, 2009

Swimming with Aunt Bons and Michael

This past weekend Bonnie and Michael volunteered to take on quite a task - swimming with Cayla and Tate. Chris and I got to visit with dad without chasing Tate down the hospital hallways or saying: put down that wound vac, don't climb the hospital bed, get that gauze out of your mouth, no don't push the IV pole, don't jump off that chair, and the list goes on and on. I guess that means we go to actually visit with dad.

Cayla was thrilled about this change in scenery too. She loves to see her Pawpaw, but also really likes swimming. She'd never been to Bonnie's neighborhood pool and we counted down to the day all week long. Tate didn't know what he was in for, but outfitted in a brand new life jacket (that we just might make him wear all summer long) he had a great time too. Where ever we go Tate just seem to always find the water (and has yet to be scared of it), hence why I think he might need to wear the jacket permanently.

Thanks Aunt Bons and Michael - the kiddos are ready to do it again... SOON! You guys up for it?




























































































*Cayla's already getting a good sun tan and her "whispies" are getting really blonde. By the end of the summer I expect her to be quite a "Sun Goddess". Tate, on the other hand is still a very white boy!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

We are totally up for doing it again :) You should have put something in there about how Tate can say Mike now, even though I've been working on Bonnie for months!

Emily said...

Man being an AUNT totally rocks. I love that Aunt Bonnie gets to do the fun things with the kiddos too. It looks like they loved it! Summer is here....yes!

Melissa said...

That's a pretty badass pool! Why isn't there one like that in Shenandoah?