Monday, January 12, 2009

Shelf Paper

For once a post will not pertain to the kids at all.

Shelf Paper - I HATE IT! You guys might remember that months ago Chris I neared divorce when I tried very hard to shelf paper our new cabinets and my work fell short of his ridiculously high standard. I then let him try, and he ended up crumpling up the paper and sent me to the store to buy better quality stuff. I bought the rubber, more expensive kind, I cut it precisely, and only had to re-do a few drawers that did not pass his inspection. We've now been in our house 7 mos., and the paper is a mess. The paper from one cabinet was literally in a wad in the back corner of the cabinet next door.

Tonight, I had enough. I emptied the cabinets and threw all of the crap away. (paper) I'm really surprised that he hasn't already done this. Maybe he remembers how I was almost in tears last time he made fun of my shelf papering. Never the less, we're done with trying to be upscale homeowners with shelf paper. Our cabinets are new, they've only been used by us, we dry our dishes before we put them away, and I feel that the wood cabinet bottoms look 100 times better than the mangled paper. I thought Chris would be against sans-paper shelving, but he was just so ecstatic that I was actually cleaning he could care less about the paper.

Okay, so no kiddos included in this post, instead I revealed the high light of my evening - and how lame I really am.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I don't think you're lame at all. We nixed the idea of shelf paper too. I really don't get it to begin with....

DenKag said...

I don't think you're lame either. Shelf paper is stupid - I've never used it. And I definitely never will, especially after your horror stories.

Abby said...

I too hate shelf paper, the only drawer that I have actually ever been glad that I had shelf paper in is the one where my make up / hair brush and stuff is. The shelf paper does facilitate the cleaning of that drawer when it gets dirty.